Friday, July 8

Product Review: Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14-in-1

Photo courtesy of Amazon

To be completely honest, I had no intentions on buying this product at all. I've read some reviews about it on hair message boards, good things I may add, but I just had no desire to try it. I took a stop into Sally's last week and seen this in the "black section" and decided to give it a try. It's actually the first time I've even came across it I think. I don't remember seeing it in the Sally's that are in my area. Let me start by saying that I am SO glad that I picked up this product.



On the front under the title it says: "Moisturizes hair, strengthens, defines curls, softens hair, adds shine, soothes dry scalp, reduces breakage for healthy braids, repairs chemical damage, non-greasy, no drip, detangles, increases body, thermal protection".
The back description states: "Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14-in-1 is the very best product for protecting and maintaining your hairstyle. This versatile product can be used as a curl activator and moisturizer on natural curls and perm waved hair and a leave-in conditioner for relaxed, natural and braided hair. This non-greasy, non-staining formula helps to soften and detangle hair while soothing the scalp and healing abrasions leaving a vibrant sheen".
The directions states: "Hold bottle about 12 inches away from hair and spray evenly. Massage into hair and scalp and style. For curly hair and braids use daily. On relaxed or straight hair use prior to drying".

I guess this is one of the few products where I actually semi follow the directions that are printed on the labels lol. I don't spray it in my hand however because I think that since it isn't a liquid that it doesn't spray evenly, it sprays in a concentrated area.


It is moisturizing, very moisturizing. It eliminates me having to use gel to slick down the front when I wear puffs and leaves my ends soft when I co wash. In a past post, I've mentioned about how my ends are always..crunchy feeling after I leave the conditioner in (I've realized that it's only with Aussie Moist and I realized that I'll have to watch how much I leave in afterwards)but, that problem is not a big issue anymore if I used this immediately after washing. After I detangle with a wide tooth comb with the conditioner still in, I flip my head over and scrunch it on my ends as if I was applying some gel or mousse. After that I use whatever I'm using to hold my puff for the day, put it to how I want it and spray a pump of the Hawaiian Silky and smooth the front and back and give a quick brush. After I take my scarf off, the edges are slicked but not with the "waxy" look the gel tends to give after drying. My ends are soft to the touch, and the heat damaged part in the front of my head from when I have bangs are...WAVY! With other products that part just..doesn't cooperate duh because it's head damaged. But with Hawaiian Silky it gets wavy and starts to curl up which I get so excited about lol. I can't really describe the smell, is has kind of a perfumey type smell to it but it's not too overpowering or anything, it's tolerable.

I love this product A LOT. I've been using it everyday and just fall so in love with all over again. I'm planning on straightening my hair next week (so much for a heat free summer, right?) and I'm going to use it as a leave in before I blow dry and flat iron so I'll be doing an update sometime next week telling you guys about how it worked out on wet hair without any conditioner. Overall, I would give this product a 4.5 outta 5 stars and I would HIGHLY recommend it to people who have problems with dry hair. Again I got this from Sally's and it was $5.99 which isn't too bad for a 16 fl oz bottle.


No comments: