Friday, January 6

Product Review: Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Instant Repair Treatment

Let me start off by saying Happy New Year! My year has started out on a great note and I hope 2012 has been treating you guys the same so far as well! :)

I just so happened to walk into Walgreens like 2-3 weeks ago and no matter what store I go in, I always have to take a stroll down the hair care aisle. Of course I needed some more deep conditioner and I looked and behold, this stuff was on sale for 3.79! So, this stuff is originally like $7.50.



Description on the front: Indulge your senses with this exclusive blend of organic coconut milk to nourish your hair, while ultra whipped egg white proteins add strength and elasticity, along with weightless coconut oils to add hydration and balance.

Instructions: Scoop a small amount of Organix Coconut Milk Instant Repair Treatment into palm and evenly distribute with wide tooth comb from your hair's roots down to the ends. Leave Organix Coconut Milk Instant Repair Treatment in hair for 3-5 minutes.  Product performance is enhanced by placing a shower cap over hair and wrapping cap with a hot wet towel.  Rinse with mild to cool water. For best results, use with other Organix Coconut Milk products.

The consistency of this product was thick like the other Organix deep conditioner that I used before this one, but it was more smooth/milkier.  I love the way it felt in my hands and my hair! (The second time anyway).  When I first used this, I sectioned in my 4 sections and decided to "seal" it with olive oil and I left it in for maybe an hour-ish. When I rinsed it out, that's when I realized that my hair doesn't like olive oil by itself. I have fairy knots that I have to find and cut out, and it just amplified those knots by like 50. I HATED the way my hair felt after that. The second time I used it, it was like heaven! It was easy to rinse out, smelled amazing and it felt very moisturized. I like this deep conditioner more than the last one, but I cannot continue to buy it because of the small jar. I thought I was going to get at least 3 uses out of this, but instead I only got 2 and I can't afford to buy some more of this stuff twice a month, especially with the new semester starting next week.

Overall, I love this deep conditioner, but unless I find it in a bigger size, I won't continue to buy it.


No comments: