Saturday, February 4

Something different.

This past week I wore my hair up in a bun because I honestly didn't feel like doing it and I wanted to take a break from twist outs and all that other stuff. I don't know how to describe the bun, but it wasn't like a regular bun lol. I have to see if I can find a picture of it. The ends were tucked away for the week so that's all that matters.



Today  co-washed with VO5 and Aussie Moist conditioner. The way my hair was feeling, I needed something that was a bit thicker than the VO5 so I slathered some Aussie Moist on after that and deep conditioned with Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol. I'm pretty sure I said I would do a follow up review on it, so that is coming sometime this week. I received some of Miss Jessie's Curly Buttercreme in the mail from my friend and she wanted to know how it worked on my hair, so I decided to use that and try that out. I left some VO5 in my hair and wrapped my hair up in a t-shirt to soak up some of the conditioner and water. I didn't want my hair soaked when I twisted my hair up, so I left the t-shirt on for about 10 minutes. After that, I basically did what I always do when I do twist outs. Parted the hair, applied Cantu Shea Butter and Miss Jessie's on top of that and twisted it up. This time I decided to sit under the dryer for about 25-50 minutes to speed up the drying process.(The brand is Vidal Sassoon Professional btw). I didn't want to go to sleep with damp hair, and I'm pretty sure this bantu knot in the front for my heat damaged areas is not going to be remotely dry by the morning probably, but if push comes to shove I'll leave that until like RIGHT before I leave the house.

I'll do a product review for the Miss Jessie's sometime this week as well after I see how my twist out turns out. Other than that, there's nothing much left to say about my hair right about now. I'm going to try not to straighten my hair until maybe March or April when I get my trim. (Can I just restate the fact that I'm scared to death to get my trim. I feel like all my hard work is going to be chopped off and I'll be back at square one! I haven't been noticing a lot of single strand knots though because I've been trying to cut them out when I come across them. Hopefully there won't be a lot when I go for that trim).

I also bought some coconut oil maybe 2 weeks ago and I need to buy some more castor oil. Castor oil is the bee-knees! My hair has definitely grown because of it and when I remember to apply it to my edges, I see growth in that area too lol. I don't know how I'm going to use the coconut oil, but I know I'm not going to use it until it gets warmer.

No comments: