Tuesday, April 24

:)

I straightened my hair like I said I would, however I haven't decided if I am going to get a trim this time, or when I get my color done in June/July. One thing that I can say is that my hair is definitely behaving a lot differently than it did the last time I straightened in January. For one, it's a lot more softer, although I don't know if it's the overall general state or because of the products I used during the straightening process. I straightened my hair on Sunday, today is now Tuesday and I barely have any shed hair in the sink from when I comb my hair. THAT is from the coconut oil. I definitely have growth, I think I hit APL, but I'm not sure because I can't really get a good picture of the back of my head lol. The one I have is blurry, but it will get the job done for now I guess. When I get my trim, whenever that will be, I'll do a before and after length check to document how much hair I had to get chopped off. I don't think my ends look TOO raggedy, which is why I may end up holding out. My hair is to the length where I can do the search and destroy method to get rid of those pesky single strand knots.

As far as my process goes, I didn't do anything differently. I deep conditioned for a couple of hours before shampooing and conditioning. Put EVOO and castor oil while my hair was still damp and air dryed, then blow dried. The next day I sectioned my hair in 4 parts, added heat protectant to each of the 4 sections before I straightened and got to work. It normally takes me like 2 hours, but this time it only took me like an hour 15 minutes! *tootsie rolls across your screen*

I'm including length check pictures, I'm going to update with some more because these aren't really that great..and please excuse the dusty mirror lol. It kinda sucks that my hair grows unevenly, but if I get it all cut one length, it would grow back exactly how it is now smh. I guess that's life.


No comments: