Wednesday, July 11

How things have changed!

Let me start off by saying that I am SUPER pleased with the current state of my hair! I ended up getting my trim last Thursday after I took my final. One of my friends had been telling me about this salon that's close to school, so I decided I would check it out. I didn't end up getting a lot chopped off (saying chopped off makes it seem so dramatic doesn't it? lol) but I did get all of my damaged ends cut. I'm not quite APL any more, but for the sake of health, I'm dealing with it lol. It definitely wasn't as short as it was when I got my trim last year. The number one reason why I didn't want to get a trim more than once a year was because of the fact that I was still looking for a place that I could continue to go back to for trims. Now that I think I've found that place, I'm going to make it a mission to get a trim every 4-6 months instead of once a year. I think my hair looks healthier and it definitely feels better too! The lady who did my trim suggested that I lay off the ponytails so that the thin area in the back of my head grows. Ponytails are my best friend (especially with my curls) but I guess this will force me to try out different hairstyles and see what works and what doesn't.

Yesterday, I got my hair redyed. I used the same Burgundy color I had last year (by Loreal Feria) and the second color was Soft Sheen Carson (I think) Vivacious Red. I was going to go two toned again, but once I thought about it, the Vivacious Red would have probably turned into a rusty color pretty quickly, so my hairdresser mixed the colors and I ended up with a semi-bright-ish burgundy! I LOVE the color! It is my goal to get some sulfate free shampoo before I wash my hair and go back to my curls since sulfate is the dirty devil.  I'm still looking for products and doing research, so, I'm open for suggestions if any of you reading this has any! 


2 comments:

Dez Kay said...

Ur Curly Soya Shampoo is sulfate free :)
I recently got it in my CurlKit and its about $8.99 on the naturally curly website. It has tea tree oil in it and smells kind really minty.
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlproducts/view/7265/u-r-curly-curly-soya-shampoo-shampoo-10-oz

Teesha said...

Thank you! I'll definitely check it out.