Wednesday, January 2

Updated: Current Products

New year = new hair goals and "new" products.
In June, I posted the products that I would be using or trying to get rid of( View here ). Looking back now, I seen that it was a CRAP TON but a lot of what I was using was because it was the summer time and I was going to be wearing my hair out and curly a lot. Now, it's winter time and cold so I won't be doing that much to my hair. Because I have new goals as far as my hair goes, I'm currently using products that I feel will help me get on the right track.

Shampoos:
Creme of Nature Argan Oil Sulfate Free Shampoo - I use this on my scalp once a week after I deep condition with coconut oil.
Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo - This is used after wearing my hair straight. Definitely leaves my hair feeling clean.

Conditioners:
TRESemme Smooth & Silky Conditioner - My mom bought this for me by accident, I don't really have any issues with it so far, so I still continue to use it.
TRESemme Naturals Silicone-Free Conditioner - Still loving this stuff! The only thing about this now is, when I use it for a while and wash frequently, when it dries, it dries white and flakes. So I switch between these two conditioners in order to prevent that from happening. 

Oils:
Jamaican Black Castor Oil - Used for sealing and massaging my scalp. I'm still trying to get my edges back to wear I want them, especially since I have some damage from my Senegalese twists.
Coconut Oil - This is the only thing I deep condition with now. A little goes a long way, which ultimately ends up saving me money saying that I have a lot of hair and it's thick. I've had this jar since maybe June or July? And I still have quite a bit left. I only use this as a sealant in the summer time because it gets hard in my hair in the winter because of the cold. 
NOTE: I'm also using EVOO as a sealant as well, but I mix it with my castor oil so I decided not to include it  in the picture.

Moisturizer
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie - It's "heavy" enough for my hair in the winter time, so I'm deciding to continue to use it all year round.


No comments: