Saturday, June 8

Much Needed

Now that I've moved back to my hometown and don't have to "hide" my hair in order to follow guidelines, I have taken a vow to take extra good care of my hair this summer. With the summer time comes heat (of course), which means a product rotation, less manipulation (hopefully) and wearing my hair down, out and wild.

Just a few updates:

  • The products that I used for my weave (because I said I would say what I used) were Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter Shampoo, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner and I totally forgot what kind of mousse I used smh. That was the first time that I actually went through a full can of mousse lol. The hair was pretty good. Near the end of it's run, it got to be annoying and a little on the thin side (compared to how full it was when I first installed). But that was expected. Again, I expect all weave to shed. That's just met. It didn't shed as much as my first install, but it did shed more noticeably near the end before I took it out. 
  • I plan on getting a trim within the next 2 weeks while my hair is straight. I figured I would get a trim before my color so that when I go get my color, I won't end up with my hair all chopped up and uneven again.
  • I plan on getting new color at the end of the month (surprise surprise) and I'm trying to decide on what colors I want to get this time.. I'm not out of my red/purple stage..just have to decide on the shade of red I want. I've never been this excited to get color.. My color now is a rusty..tannish brown when it's curly.. and reddish brown when it's straight.. But the only color that matters is when my hair is curly because I wear my hair curly 90% of the time now.
  • I have a few (3) new products that I'm in the process of trying out, so I should have product reviews on them soon.

No comments: