Thursday, June 20

Product Review: Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter Whipped Curl Creme



Description: Moisture Butter Whipped Curl Creme helps to:

  • Soften and Nourish Curls- Silken Waves
  • Elongate Kinky Coils- Tame Frizzies
Dry, brittle, thirsty hair stunts natural growth.  To help ensure locks reach their full growth potential, refresh and hydrate your mixed textured hair every day with Moisture Butter.
Moisture butter helps maximize the styling options of mixed textured hair by helping achieve softer, more defined curls, healthier looking elongated coils, or simply silky-smooth hydrated hair.

Directions: 
Quench your curls everyday with Moisture butter-reviving curl softness and bounce - Rub 1 Tbsp of Moisture Butter between your palms.  Working section-by-section gently finger comb Moisture Butter from roots to end to hydrate and redefine your natural texture.

Styling suggestions:
To achieve a 2 strand twist, apply Moisture Butter to damp or dry hair, twist each section. The amount of hair twisted determines the size and length of the curl.  Air dry, blow dry with diffuser or dry under hood. Either leave as is or untwist in sections for a fuller look.
To smooth hairline edges, a pply a small amount directly to temples to help reduce daily dryness and breakage.  Apply a small amount to ponytails and afro puffs to hydrate, smooth and control frizz. 

Custom Blends: 
Mix and Match products to create your own personal blend perfect for you!

For your unique curl nourishing experience: 
  • For less weight with greater curl definition, mix a small amount of Curl control with Moisture Butter. Mix together in the palm of your hand and apply to hair.
  • To boost shine with increased heat protection, add a few drops of Shine and Silken Oil with Moisture Butter. Mix together in the palm of your hand and follow directions.
Can I just start off by saying that there is A LOT of information printed on the label of my jar. My goodness. I thought I was going to get finger cramps typing all of this! Anywho, I first bought this product when I was in Orlando after I took my second sew in out.. I didn't wanna buy Shea Moisture because it was more expensive and the WalMart down there rarely had any Shea Moisture in stock, so I picked up this jar. I'm not quite sure how much I paid for this, but I know for sure that it wasn't more than like 6 bucks. When I first started using it, I paid absolutely not attention to the directions (as usual). I would wash my hair, distribute it through my hair, seal and throw my hair back in a bun for work. A few days ago, I got my trim and grew tired of my straight hair so I washed and did a curly puff.

That night, I parted my hair in 4 sections, spritzed my hair with water so that it was damp (not soaking wet), distributed this product to the section, sealed with a bit of coconut oil and twisted it up. I'm not sure if the size of my twists had anything to do with my result, or if it was the product itself, but can I just say that my I had the best twist out I've had in a while. Even my heat damage in the front had a curl pattern! I wore my hair down the day..THAT'S how good the twistout came out lol. Here it is Thursday night and I still have good curl definition in the back of my hair from that twist out. My heat damage has a bit of curl left as well, however it's in a ponytail currently because I don't like when my hair starts getting frizzy..and I'm getting my color tomorrow, so I decided not to waste any more product.

I'm going to revisit this product and method again but with smaller twists so I can know for sure if the size of my twits played a role.

The packaging is pretty cool I suppose.. The consistency is kinda thick but still moves when you turn the jar upside down or to the side.. The smell..is..a mix between like a pineapple smell and something else. I can't really put my finger on it. I don't mind the smell at all, I'm actually finding myself enjoying products that smell like fruit. That may not be the case when it gets hotter and the bees start attacking lol.

Rating: 8/10 -- The jury is still out for further reviews. 


UPDATE: I've used this with larger twists and the results are still the same. I like using this and sealing with coconut oil. It keeps my hair defined and soft, as well as lengthens the time between restyling. I'm giving this product a final 9/10. A nine for the simple fact that the smell bothers me nose sometimes :)

I'm hoping to try more products from this line to see how it works out! 

No comments: