Friday, July 12

Product Review: Kinky Curly Knot Today Natural Leave In/Detangler

Yes, I bought into the hype for a second. I'm looking for a really good leave in AND test the waters with a new detangler. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Mane N Tail Detangler, but I just wanted to try something new. I've heard nothing but good things about Knot Today, so I decided to test it out for myself!'



Description: Can't get that comb to glide through your hair? Well KNOT TODAY! This creamy herbal conditioner is enriched with botanical extracts and is designed to smooth the cuticle and to remove knots, snarls and tangles from thick curly hair.

Directions: Apply generously and work through troubled sections with a wide tooth comb.

Thick Coarse Curls: Use a generous amount as a leave in and completely detangle hair before applying any Kinky-Curly styling product.

Loose Wavy Curls: Use a moderate amount as a rinse out or leave a little on the ends before applying Kinky-Curly styling products.

As you can see, I've used this product a few times.. I think 3 times maybe? So far I've used it strictly as a leave in and not a detangler, I'll update again with how it works for me as a detangler. The thing that I like about this product so far, is that it really defines my curls. I use it when I do a "wash n go puff" and have had pretty good results so far. The last time I used it, I wore my puff for about 4-5 days and the curls were still pretty defined. The only thing that is giving me a little grief is that after those few days, my hair felt kind of waxy? I don't know if it's the fact that I put coconut oil on after I applied this product, or what it was. In the photo below, I took a close up of the front of my hair, the heat damaged part. We all know that when you have heat damage, it doesn't curl the way it should. It's not the greatest picture, but you can definitely see that there's some kind of curl happening there (the dark parts...also wanted to show how my color turned out). I'm pretty excited that this product gives my heat damage and actual curl, however, I am not excited about the price.


As a leave in, I'll give KCKT 7/10. This could change as I continue to use the products and see how it works with other products. The jury is still out as a detangler because I haven't used it as a detangler yet! Stay tuned for more updates about this product :)

**UPDATE 7/19
I've been using this product as a detangler for the last few days, and it indeed detangles. After applying to my hair when it's wet, my fingers can legit glide right through my hair and my fingers can NEVER do that without detangling with a comb first lol. It does what it says it does, but I don't know if it's going to replace my Mane N Tail detangler that I love so much. The Mane N Tail detangler is a spray which is much easier to apply on the areas that need to be detangled.

Now that I've tried it as a detangler multiple times now, my final rating for this product is 8.5/10.

No comments: