Friday, August 30

Product Review Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk

I COMPLETELY forgot that I still had to do a product review for this. I thought I already finished it, however I seen that I didn't so I'm back to finish :)


Description: This moisturizing styling cream detangles, conditions and controls curls while restoring body and shine.

Directions: Apply as a no-rinse moisturizer and styling cream to damp, towel-dried hair as needed.

I haven't really been using this product lately because I just kinda fell in love with the Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter. Why am I mentioning another product that I've already done a product review for? To compare and contrast of course! Shea Moisture's Style Milk doesn't give as good of hold as Beautiful Textures does for me. A few weeks ago when we had that ridiculous heat wave? My hair absolutely laughed at the Style Milk. Although it was stupid hot outside, my hair needed something a tad bit heavier to keep the shape of my curls and to combat frizz.

Now, with that being said, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Shea Moisture's Style Milk. It smells good (like the Curl Enhancing Smoothie) and to me it does the exact same thing that it does as well, it just comes in a bottle (the smoothie comes in a jar) and it has a lighter and creamier consistency. I've decided to use this product when it's a bit "cooler" and less humid outside.

This is the one product where I actually follow the directions because.. they're simple lol and it's how I would have used the product anyway, even if the directions would have had different directions.

This product overall gets a 6.5 out of 10 for me. I don't exactly love it, but I don't hate it either. I just wish that it was a tad bit heavier for me so that I could continue to use it during the hotter days without the frizz and with more curl definition.

2 comments:

miss kat said...

I love this product, works great if you use the entire product line with it. Out of all the shea moisture hair products, it happens to be one of my favorites when I use it correctly.

Teesha said...

Is this meant to be a styler? How do you use it? It's a strong possibility that I've been using this all wrong lol