Monday, December 30

2013 Hits and Misses

Just looking back on some blog posts and pictures to see how 2013 has been for me hair wise.. It's definitely been an interesting year to say the least. I'm excited for the new year and the potential my hair has health wise and length wise. Here's my trip down memory lane:

Hits:

  • Kinky Curly Knot Today: I love this stuff. Like legit LOVE this stuff. I made up my mind to repurchase again
  • Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter Whipped Creme: My staple. My ride or die. Hasn't really failed me yet.
  • Oils: Castor, Argan, EVOO, Coconut 
  • Suave Almond and Shea Butter Shampoo: I've found myself reaching for this shampoo after I do a pre-poo...No knots, no tangles and my hair doesn't feel stripped.
  • Mane N Tail Detangler: THIS STUFF RIGHT HERE?! Love. I have to repurchase this again too.
  • Brazilian Loose Wave from Rosa Hair on Aliexpress: I loved everything about this hair..including the company's customer service. Looking to repurchase some hair from there in the near future.
Misses:
  • My signature curly puff: They aren't for me anymore.. My hair is getting longerand it just doesn't work out how it once did. Plus, I'm trying to cut down on the amount of fairy knots I have and this style was a big contributor. 
  • Wash n Go: It's always been a wash and no.
  • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curly & Style Milk: Other people love this, however I just can't seem to get it to work for me. I've been told that it works better with other products from Shea Moisture, so I'm probably going to revisit it again when I buy other Shea Moisture products...saying that I still have like half of the bottle left.
  • Bantu Knots: Unless I wanted a textured puff (which I may try more often), bantu knots just aren't for me. They never come out right to where I can wear my hair in a curly fro.
  • Peruvian Body Wave hair from Beautiful Queen Hair Shop on Aliexpress: I'm not completely sure if it was the hair, or the way my sew-in was done, but I wasn't feeling it. At all.
Added Bonus: Jury's still out
  • TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Leave In Spray: I've used this a few times, like 3.. and I guess it's doing it's job saying that I have no new heat damage. I don't feel like I've used it enough yet to fully know if I like it.
  • Ishimma Hair Butter: Still using this product, haven't done enough with it yet to know if I fully like it yet.
Some products I will be bringing into the new year, and some products (and styles) won't be making it unfortunately, but that's what the hair journey is all about: figuring out what works for you and what doesn't. 
I hope your year was a learning experience just as mine was! 

No comments: