Tuesday, December 10

Initial Product Review: Ishimma Hydration Hair Butter

In a previous post around Thanksgiving/Black Friday, I mentioned that I had put my search for Whipped Shea Butter on hold because I had bought this hair butter from Ishimma. After doing a bit more research, I was indeed correct in saying that there aren't a lot of product reviews for this product (or company for that matter), which is completely fine. I'm all about small businesses and telling the masses about them if their product works! 


This is what the product looks like when you open the jar. It was FREEZING on the day this was delivered and it was sitting out in the cold because I didn't know it had been delivered so, it looks a little frosty in this picture. However, when the product is at room temperature, it looks like regular hair butter. It has a smell..I don't know what the exact smell is (I'm guessing it's an essential oil?), not one that I care for, BUT, the smell doesn't linger so I don't mind it. 

Description:
This 2 in 1 hair butter moisturizes and conditions hair and scalp without the greasy feel. Absorbs quickly into the hair and immediately softens.  Infused with the perfect blend of butters, fruit extracts and essential oils to protect hair and promote healthy growth.
Directions:
Rub into hands, then apply to hair.  Excellent for braids and twists.

When I used this, it was on freshly washed and deep conditioned hair. I've been trying out the LOC method (Liquid, Oil, Cream) to see if I can retain as much moisture as possible during these cold months (I'm really working hard to retain length this winter). Liquid: Knot Today. Oil: Argan and EVOO. Cream: Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter and I sealed my ends with this hair butter.  I can't even lie, I thought this was going to be one of those butters that you really have to work into your  hands and hair because they don't "melt" from your body heat, but I was pleasantly surprised when it did. 

When I took out my twists the next day, my hair felt like a slice of heaven for real. I can't use butters on the full length of my hair because my hair just gets to weighed down and "ugh" looking, but I used this product on the last 1.5 inches of my hair maybe. My ends felt moisturized, and the curls were poppin'. I need a trim (as usual) so my ends usually look kinda.. rough, but this product made my ends look wonderful. 

Now, this is an initial/first use review. I plan on trying it out in different situations and making an updated review about it in about a month. I don't think I'm going to be using this product on my scalp though since I'm doing a full on castor oil challenge for myself during the winter as well, however, if I have some left (which I should because a little goes a long way), I'll try using it on the scalp during the spring months and see how that works out for me. 

So far everything is good! 
The pictures above are mine, taken when the product was fresh off my door step and out of the box lol.

Their website is http://www.ishimma.com


2 comments:

Ishimma Hair said...

Hey there,

Thanks so much for trying our products out and we are SO glad you enjoyed using the hair butter. Yes, I also love how the butter works for my curls...my bantu knot outs are always poppin'!

Blessings,
Crystal from Ishimma
http://www.ishimma.com

Teesha said...

Thank YOU for having such an awesome product!I've had no complaints or issues thus far!