Wednesday, March 19

Salon Visit

I wasn't originally planning on going so "soon", however, my last trim was in June of last year. I was supposed to get another one in December, but of course, I never get trims when I'm "supposed" to. Unfortunately, there was a death in the family and I had to travel out of town for three days last week and I just didn't have the mental or emotional ability to do my hair.  I always make sure that my hair is in a style that will last when I have to go out of town.. It's so much of a hassle having to keep track of all of the products and stuff that you need.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but, I've been going to a new salon for my trims. (If I haven't mentioned this before, I got a wacky chop at my old hair dresser when I was in high school and I haven't let her near my hair with scissors since then lol). She washed, conditioned, blow dried and flat ironed my hair.. She also did a Saran Wrap (I think that's what it's called) where you wrap your hair then wrap it with Saran Wrap and sit under the dryer for like 10-15 minutes. It was a very interesting experience saying that I've never gotten that done before. 

Needless to say, after all of that was done, I'm back to where i usually am when I trim smh. It sucks, but I'm starting to focus more on health over length..  It was needed though because I'm growing out my color and saying that I've been using permanent hair dye, the dyed hair is of course more damaged than the "new growth". 

Now that I've gotten my regimen and products down for the most part, I can really start paying attention to the health of my hair and the length will be an added bonus :) These aren't the best length check pictures, I'm still trying to master those, but it's getting the job done lol. I guess I'll do my next length check mid-June-ish (not on straightened hair). 


No comments: