Friday, March 7

Tea Rinse Update #1

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I was having trouble in paradise and didn't know what was happening to my hair or why. I came across multiple posts about tea rinsing, so that's what I'm giving a try. I've only done 2 rinses thus far and I don't think that's enough time for me to really see some results, so I'm just going to post what I've used and how I added it into my routine.

The weekend of February 22, I did my first rinse and it was an interesting, messy, and cold experience.  From what I've read from different natural hair blogs, you absolutely have to follow up with a deep conditioner because it makes your hair hard (and which it did, but it wasn't as "extreme" as a protein treatment). The morning of wash day, I made two cups of tea with two tea bags (so one tea bag per cup) and let it cool. Then, I did my usual wash routine, but I added the tea rinse after the shampoo and before the conditioner.. I sectioned my hair in 4 sections, applied it to my scalp and the length of my hair via spray bottle and rinsed. I made sure to follow up with deep conditioning as well (yay me!).

I've done this now twice and while I can't say that I've noticed a HUGE difference in the amount of hair that I lose during the washing process, I have noticed a bit of change. I'm interested in seeing how this will help (or hinder) my hair progress as the time goes on.






No comments: