Wednesday, June 4

Hairlista Coconut Oil Challenge

I'm a little late making a post about this, but I actually started this a week before the official start date. Here's the details:

There are 3 levels: Basic, Intermediate and Advanced.

Time Period: May 24, 2014 - August 23, 2014

Basic:

  • Apply coconut oil to hair and scalp prior to washing for 20 minutes to 1 hour or overnight
  • Massage in, focusing on damaged areas
  • Proceed with regular wash day 
  • 1x/week
Intermediate:
  • Apply coconut oil to hair and scalp prior to washing  for 20 minutes to 1 hour, or overnight
  • Massage in, focusing on damaged areas
  • Proceed with regular wash day
  • 2x/week
  • Apply 1-2tsp to weekly deep conditioner with heat and rinse thoroughly
Advance:
  • Apply coconut oil to hair and scalp prior to washing for 20 minutes to 1 hour, or overnight
  • Massage in, focusing on damaged areas
  • Proceed with regular wash day
  • 2x/week
  • Apply 1-2 tsp to weekly deep conditioner with heat and rinse thoroughly
  • Apply coconut oil to scalp 2-3x/week. Do not rinse
  • Seal with coconut oil on wet or dry hair (optional)
As for me personally, I don't know which category I'm going to fit in, because I'm not sure I'm going to be able to wash my hair twice a week. What I've been doing so far is a mix between intermediate and basic:
  1. Prepoo with coconut oil, focusing on damaged areas
  2. Shampoo as usual 
  3. Tea rinse
  4. Conditioner
  5. Adding coconut oil to damaged areas (colored treated ends) before adding deep conditioner to the full length of hair
  6. DC for 20 minutes with heat, at least 15 minutes without heat
  7. Rinse and style as usual
I already have my "before" pics ready. If you need anymore information, any questions, or just need an accountability partner, here's the link to the group on Hairlista to join (I believe you have to be a member in order to view, it takes like 2 minutes to sign up!)

Happy healthy growing :-)



No comments: