Saturday, September 27

Product Review: African Pride Shea Butter Miracle Bouncy Curls Pudding

Shea Moisture Miracle Bouncy Curls Pudding



Description:
Shea Butter Miracle gives amazing manageability, softness and shine to naturally curly, wavy, kinky-coily mixed textures. Perfect for transitioners. Enriched with Shea Butter, Nature's superior detangling moisturizer. Helps eliminate dryness, enhancing body, bounce and shine.

Regular use of bouncy curls helps:
Soften curls, coils and waves
Elongate curls and kinky-coils
Smooth and tame frizz

Directions:
Rub a gernous amount of pudding between your palms, Gently finger comb section by section from roots to ends.  Continue stretching and elongating curls until satisfied with your curl definition.


Natural styling directions:
Try a two strand twist by applying pudding to damp or dry hair, twisting each section.  The more you twist, the more you can define the size and length of the curl.  Air dry, blow dry with diffuser or dry under hood.  Untwist each section for a fuller look or just leave twisted for a tighter look.

First use:
I hated it..Can't even lie about that lol. My hair felt extremely dry. Granted, when I first used this, I don't believe I used it on clean hair. I twas the middle of the week and I used it to retwist my hair. I was expecting the same kind of results I would get if I used Shea Moisture or Beautiful Textures, but that definitely was not the case.  My hair came out elongated, but, with no curl definition like I wanted.

Second use:
I used it on freshly washed hair and used it like I use any other styler that I use for my twist outs. Results: Dry hair yet again with pretty much no curl definition.  After this, I was ready to chuck this product out the window or give it to my sister to try out on my curl haired nephew.

Third use:
A few days ago, I decided to try this product again. Third time's a charm right? I decided to use this to refresh my style again because it was almost time to wash my hair again.

  • Sprayed each section with water
  • Detangled
  • Applied a generous amount of product to make sure each strand of hair was coated
  • Brushed through with Denman to smooth and clump the ends to gether
  • Applied Castor Oil to "seal"
  • Twisted each section
And of course I let it dry overnight. 
Results: Big hair that didn't feel dry FINALLY!! I was expecting the big hair (I mean, that's what I got the first two times, so why would this time be any different? Especially since I twisted in large sections).  I now know that I have to seal the whole strand with a heavy oil in order for this product to not dry my hair out.

Overall:
For a regular twist out:3/10
For a refresher style: 8/10 -- when I want bigger hair and don't care about having curl definition, this is what I'll use. 

Have you used this product? Comment below with your experience!

No comments: