Sunday, November 2

Aliexpress Hair : Peruvian Body Wave - Ali Moda Hair Products

I've been talking about wanting to take a break from doing my hair for a while, and now I'm actually going to do it lol. In all actuality, I have a presentation for class on the 12th and I decided to get something that would actually last for a while. Straightening my hair is like pointless these days since my hair isn't used to being straightened anymore. Also, this is like a really big presentation, saying that it could land us a job with this particular firm after graduation.

This is my 3rd time ordering from Aliexpress. The first order, I don't know if I hated the hair or the install itself, the second order I absolutely LOVED, and with this being the third, I'm hoping to love this as well.

I also ordered a closure for a different company on Aliexpress, but I have yet to receive it, so it's not included in these photos. Just an FYI, I wouldn't recommend choosing "EPacket" as a shipping method because it's supposed to take 10-15 days to get to you. Always go DHL (especially if it's free shipping). 

Let me start off by saying this is NOT a paid review. I bought this hair with my own coins. I purchased this hair from Ali Moda at like 11pm (I think) on Tuesday, October 28, was shipped Wednesday October 29, and I received it around 3pm on Friday, October 31st. (Now you see why I said get DHL shipping lol). Total cost: $110.61 with free shipping.

This is the DHL packaging. On the other side is where they stick the address label.
Upon opening the package was the hair and a free "gift" in a cute pink little ziplock bag. This is the best packing out of all 3 of my orders so far. This was also the first free "gift" that I've received with my bundles as well. The lengths are 16/18/20 inches.
Ali Moda Hair Products Peruvian Body Wave
3 bundles and a pack of 5 flexirods

Upon taking the hair out of the bag, each bundle was in their own little plastic sleeve, with a label on the top part of the bag, specifying the length. I don't have any pictures of that because it was packaged just like the other bundles I've done reviews on. Opening each bundles, there was NO CORN CHIP SMELL at all. I know some people complain of receiving hair from Aliexpress only to have it smell like corn chips. That's never happened to me. The hair smells like.. hair. Like human hair. No chemical smell or anything, all three smells normal.

Ali Moda Hair Products Peruvian Body Wave
16 inch bundle - Peruvian Body Wave
This bundle seems to be a "regular' size from what I've experienced in the past. I don't know about the construction of the weft yet (will update when I wash it and take it out of the rubber band), but it seems to be a little messy. As you can see in the bottom picture, there are "fly away" hairs sticking out of the top. It may just be cause of the way the hair is rubber banded together at the top or it may be because of the the hair was weft together.

Ali Moda Hair Products Peruvian Body Wave
18 inch bundle - Peruvian Body Wave

Ali Moda Hair Products Peruvian Body Wave
20 inch bundle - Peruvian Body Wave
Now, I know the wave is a little funky on the 20 inch bundle lol. It did NOT look like that when I first received it. I accidentally folded the hair as well as the plastic when I placed it back in the bag and that's how it was when I took it out again. Whoops. That was my fault, not the vendors.



Ali Moda Hair Products Peruvian Body Wave
All 3 bundles; 16 on left, 18 on right, 20 on top

I can't say if I'm "pleased" with the amount of "fly aways" I'm seeing, but I'm hoping that's something that can be tamed/fixed when I wash this hair. As far as shedding is concerned, no shedding from the 16 and 18 inch, however, I got 2 strands from the 20 inch. I'm not sure if I'm going to seal the wefts. I'm going to take it to my stylist and see what she suggests. No gray hairs and the hair is soft.
I know this is long, but this is an initial review. I plan on updating when I get the install. In that update I will also talk about washing the hair (if there's any shedding or dyes running off the hair). I'll probably do an third update as well about how the hair behaves, if it holds curls, sheds, mattes up and whatever else. I will also do post about the closure that I'm still waiting for. I don't know if it'll be an "in depth" review like this one because I've never had a closure before, and I'm not sure if I'll be using it for this install.

If anyone has anymore questions, please don't hesitate to comment below. I know a lot of people tend to talk down on Aliexpress hair, but I haven't had a real issue with them yet. 




No comments: