Sunday, July 12

All About: Box Braids

Near the end of May, I decided to get a protective style installed. I had been thinking about it for months, so, why not get it done during the summer?  My style of choice was medium sized box braids.

I don't remember how much it cost for me, but I know it wasn't more than $150. It took about 6 hours, breaks included, and the hair that was used was Xpression Premium Ultra Braid hair in the color 1B.

Because they were so long and heavy, I didn't want to risk them pulling at my edges, so I mainly had them in 3 styles while I had them. All up in a bun, half up/half down and all up.

About a month in, I got the first 3 rows of my hair redone to avoid unnecessary tugging and pulling on my edges, and this was a $35 touch up.

Protective style

Because I'm supposed to be going to the shop at the time I'm writing this, I'm not sure how much length I retained, which I don't believe will be much, even with the biotin I've been taking while my hair was in this style. I would take a before and after photo, however, I'm going to be getting a trim, so the length probably won't be an accurate depiction.

shedding
This is the amount of shed hair that came out upon removal. About the size of an orange maybe? It's not an alarming rate for me because I expected it to be A LOT more, so I'm not complaining.


No comments: