Monday, September 7

Product Review: Organix Kukui Oil Frizz Defying Curl Cream

Kukui Oil Frizz Defying Curl Cream


Description on front:
Define curls with this weightless blend of kukui nut oil, an ancient Hawaiian secret used for its hydrating and waterproofing abilities, which makes this blend perfect for frizz free curls! Also contains creamy coconut milk and sweet jasmine for beautiful tumbling waves with bounce and shine.

Description on back:
Why you want it: It's an ancient Hawaiian secret for frizz free, decadent tumbling waves and touchable spirals with bounce and shine

Instructions:
Apply a small amount of Kukui Oil Frizz Defying Curl Cream to palm, rub hands together, then apply evenly to surface of damp (towel dried) hair working through to ends.

My experience:
I can't even lie. I hated this product on my natural hair. Like I absolutely hated it. Hated it to the point where it took me almost a year for me to use up the product lol. I think I bought this around the time I had my AliExpress hair. I liked it on the bundles, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work for my natural hair. Until the very end.

The consistency is like a thick cream like gel..? It's weird..and can easily weigh your hair down if you're a bit heavy handed like I am. The smell, It's amazing. A little bit on the perfumey side, so if those kind of smells bother you, I would suggest that you skip this product.

This doesn't seem to work for me on clean hair, But on dirty week old hair? Ma'm. Yes. It's been hot and my hair expanded whenever it felt the need to lol. I did a two strand twist out with the yellow perm rods at the end and I had AMAZING results. I don't think I got any pictures because, I never take pictures when I'm trying out a new product (maybe I should change that huh?)

Bottom line: I'll give it a 6/10. I'm not sure I would buy this product again. Maybe for when I get more curly bundles, but for my natural hair? Nah. I don't think it's worth it.

No comments: