Near the end of May, I decided to get a protective style installed. I had been thinking about it for months, so, why not get it done during the summer? My style of choice was medium sized box braids.
I don't remember how much it cost for me, but I know it wasn't more than $150. It took about 6 hours, breaks included, and the hair that was used was Xpression Premium Ultra Braid hair in the color 1B.
Because they were so long and heavy, I didn't want to risk them pulling at my edges, so I mainly had them in 3 styles while I had them. All up in a bun, half up/half down and all up.
About a month in, I got the first 3 rows of my hair redone to avoid unnecessary tugging and pulling on my edges, and this was a $35 touch up.
Because I'm supposed to be going to the shop at the time I'm writing this, I'm not sure how much length I retained, which I don't believe will be much, even with the biotin I've been taking while my hair was in this style. I would take a before and after photo, however, I'm going to be getting a trim, so the length probably won't be an accurate depiction.
Sunday, July 12
Saturday, July 11
Took a break from "monthly goals" because I had a protective style in for almost 2 full months. But, I'm back in full action this month.
- Drink at least 1 liter of water daily -- I know I've been drinking water every day, but not sure if it's been a liter saying that I haven't gotten another liter water bottle yet.
- 2 protein treatments (beginning of the month and end of the month) -- One immediately after taking out my box braids (before I got my color) and the other the first wash after my color
- Biotin everyday -- Let's be honest.. I've been trying to finish up this bottle of biotin pills I've had for life before I started the HSN Gummies, but my chin officially looks horrible now and I'm pretty sure it's because I'm not drinking enough water.
- Trim if needed -- Trimmed when I got my color
- New color -- I'm not exactly happy with my color. I'll have a different post about this coming up.
If you have any hair goals for the month, feel free to comment below :)